Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Offer to Help #notadoctor

I was reminded today that far too often, people wait until something tragic happens to get themselves help. I want to change that. If you only read this far, feel alone & are struggling with something, please message me. Contact me and I will help you get the help you need. I am not a therapist. I am not a doctor. Hell, I don't even have a college degree. I am human. I do realize A LOT of people are struggling with life and challenges alone. Drug addiction, mental illness, trauma, alcohol abuse. I also recognize this needs to change. We all have different reasons for not reaching out. Shame, fear of being exposed or vulnerable, fear of becoming a burden on someone. Maybe you reached out before and it did not turn out so well. Maybe your struggle is so secret, no one else knows. No matter WHY you are in the situation you are in to feel so alone, please know YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I am here. I am asking you to please reach out and I will figure out how to get you the help you need. Y'all...We deserve to be happy. We deserve to be our BeSt SeLvEs. YOU deserve to get the help you need to be able to be happy. There is no one in this world that is YOU. THAT is how special you are. Let me say it again for the people in the back--- YOU ARE FUCKING SPECIAL. YOU DESERVE TO BE TRULY HAPPY!!! Life does not come with a manual on how to deal. Nor does life come with unlimited (or any) counseling sessions or classes to teach you how to deal in a healthy way. So, we learn to deal however we do. Normally taught by those around us and how they deal. All of these coping mechanisms are not healthy. They seemingly work for us. Most unhealthy coping mechanisms are only temporary though, so they become bad habits we practice to continually trick ourselves into "feeling better". They stop working, but we hardly notice as now they are part of our daily lives and simply "what we do". They are what we do when we feel those negative emotions. The hurt. The anger. The sadness. By adulthood, they are habits, so it turns into what we do not only when we are sad, mad and hurt, but also when we are happy, celebrating or even bored. I'm here to tell you there are better ways! Do I know all of them? No, not even a fraction, but I am learning some and they are positively life-changing. I had a friend reach out to me today and simply text: "I need help. I don't know where to start." I dug deeper and asked a few more specific questions and help direct them to how to get the help they want and need. All I did was a quick search and I provided them with a place and phone number. ~*Was it scary for that person to reach out and ask me for help? I am 100% sure that answer is Yes. ~Did I feel they were weak, shameful or stupid for telling me their problems and asking for help? ABSOLUTELY NOT. ~What DO I feel about that person? So freaking proud. So very thankful they felt comfortable enough with me to ask for help. I am in awe of their strength and bravery to not only admit to themself they need help, but to also reach out when they had no clue how to get the help they need. ***To that person (you know who you are): You are such an amazing person and I have your back 150%*** To Everyone Else: Reach out! Ask for help! It does not have to be through me. I know less than John Snow, but I am here. I am able and willing. And I vow to help you find the help you need. ~Be well, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment