Thursday, March 26, 2009

FML

So...I normally have someone to talk to in my office because we share it. She is my boss's fiance and also works here & today my boss wasn't going to be in the office, so neither was she. I make phone calls all day and 80% of the time get an answering machine. When my partner in crime is here I pass the time by talking to her while I am listening to the endless ringing. Well, since she was not here today I decided to read and moderate FMLs on fmylife.com while listening to the rings. If a homeowner picks up, I just revert my attention to the job at hand. Well, I went downstairs to smoke a cigarette and when I came back up, my boss had decided to stop in the office to talk to me about what was going on today. He was sitting in my seat staring at the computer screen. Yeah...he didn't say anything about it, but I'm sure in our meeting tomorrow he will. Now he will think all I was doing was playing around while not working. When actually, I was stopping myself from dying of boredom while doing my job. Great....My fiance, Jess, asked why I couldn't do something more productive while making phone calls & while that is a great thought, if I were to be focusing on something important I would not be able to revert my focus back to the phone call should someone pick up. So I try to cure my boredom with something not so important that I don't have to focus on. Great idea...it worked out wonderfully.
Now, for those of you who are asking yourselves "what is fmylife.com?" you should really check it out! It's very funny. For instance, if I were to write one today it would sound something like,

Today, my boss was out of the office. I decided to read FMLs while making my phone calls for my job. I went downstairs for a minute & when I came back up my boss had unexpectantly stopped by to have a meeting with me and was sitting in my chair staring my computer screen. FML.

I'll keep you informed on how our meeting tomorrow goes....

LoVe!

No comments:

Post a Comment