Friday, September 25, 2009

What would it cost to make the world a better place?

Question:
When you are stuck in a work environment with a negative person who is not ever nice to anyone in the workplace and you must work with this person to get the job done, what do you do?

In my life, I typically avoid negative people. The problem is: I have to work with a negative person on a daily basis to get my job done accurately. So, what do I do? I do not know the answer to this question. I have been avoiding this person unless I have to work with them or ask them a question. Just today I asked him a question and he immediately snapped at me because he was working on something. Ok, we were on an intercom from my office to his office from which we cannot see each other, so how am I supposed to know he is working on something he cannot get away from at that moment? If he had not snapped at me and just told me he was busy please give him a minute, I would have been happy to comply. Alas, he did not, he just snapped at me for bugging him when in fact I had a question about the exact thing he happened to be working on at the time. hmmm...

I always reply to his negativity with positivity because I believe it is contagious. I am coming to the end of my rope however of being nice and cordial with him because he pisses me off every time I speak with him!

I sit here and bitch and moan about it and say "I won't put up with it" and yet I am also sitting here thinking, "yes, I will. I will put up with it to get the job done & I am going to continue to be cordial and yes, even positive because that is who I am."

I guess I just don't understand why some people are so negative all the time. Ok, so you hate your life or current life situation or maybe even your job. 1: Is this MY fault? 2: If you don't like your current situation; CHANGE IT!

Easier said than done, I know, but this is what I struggle with on a daily basis whether it be about some big issue in my life or something small like always having a dirty house. I, along with all other people in the universe deal with many uncomfortable, not-so-perfect situations in our lives on a daily basis. Wouldn't the world be such a better place if we could all be nice to one another? I think it would. And what would it hurt?...NOTHING! And what would it cost?... NOTHING!

Maybe I am delusional, but I truely believe everyone could be nice to each other and more understanding and we could all live in a better world! Oh well, I can't change everyone, so I guess I'll just work on myself!!
Thanks for reading!

Stay tuned for more AmAzInG aDvEnTuReS!!!

LoVe!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think there is almost always one of "those people" at work. I definitely did not like it when I had to deal with her everyday - but you know what you can only control yourself so it seems you are doing a good job!
    My hardest time to be nice to people is when driving, esp. here in FW (people need to take driver's ed again!). I have some road rage I need to work on :)

    ReplyDelete