Thursday, April 16, 2009

I remembered #2!

OK...

#2~I am friends with plenty of people on Facebook that I'm not really "friends" with but we went to school together or whatever and like to stay in touch. Point being, lots of people my age are just finishing college and/or getting their masters, etc. My question is, Is a degree really necessary for a good job or success? I know the real answer is yes because employers for the better paying/better-in-general jobs require a degree, but for most (aside from a scientist, doctor, etc..) you really don't need a degree. I mean, really! Most of the jobs that "require" a degree, I could do if someone trained me in that company's policies. Now, don't get me wrong, I totally think college degrees are great and I am planning on returning to college soon (this fall hopefully) but I'm just saying, I feel extremely cheated from certain opportunities because of my lack of degree. At this point, I'm having a bit of trouble getting funding for my education, so that doesn't mean I'm dumb, it just means I'm broke! Just a little thought I had while noticing that I have a better job than over half of my friends on facebook that are graduated/graduating with a degree! (no offense, it's just the truth). Many of my friends don't even have a job and they've been looking for over a year with a degree! I feel bad for them, but, what can I say? I'm not trying to sound better than anyone by any means because I'm not, but I just think a little too much emphasis is placed by certain companie and employers for the degree when it may not be necessary. Trust me, I want my doctor, vet, speech/pathologist, and anyone like that to have one!! So props to all who have one and to those who don't, no biggie..there's still hope I think!!

LoVe!

No comments:

Post a Comment