Thursday, January 8, 2009

Whatev

So....today in my AMAZING life, almost everyone in my office is mad at me! YAY! Here's the story...
Yesterday we had a management meeting & one of the topics was dress code. As we get more customers coming into the office, our dress code has changed to portray a more professional image. Well, since this is the case, I mentioned that we should not blare 107.9 or 96.3 in the main office because it is not professional (not to mention I am upstairs, not allowed to close my door, and can't hear myself think sometimes!). So....I suggested we stick to "family friendly" radio stations. Seeing as how our commercial runs on 101.7, my boss told us we have to listen to that station.
OMG! People are FREAKING out about this taking it as a personal offense. The 3 people downstairs right now are choosing not to listen to ANY music because they are upset that they can't listen to "their stations". On top of all that, they are hardly talking to one another and definitely not talking to me at all.
Hmmm...I thought we were all grown ups here...I guess not.
I just wish these people could think about how what I suggested was not personal at all & how I was only looking out for the good of my company. If we portray a bad image to people who walk through our door our company will suffer. If our company suffers we don't get raises and bonuses. The other thing that really grinds my gears is that if my boss had been the person to say this instead of me bringing it up, this would not be a problem. No one would stop talking to him or be crappy about it.
But........WHATEV! Life goes on & there are a bunch more AMAZING ADVENTURES to come so don't miss out!
Love.

1 comment:

  1. 101.7 is a good station! everyone can rock to oldies, I swear! once they open their ears, they'll realize they were being irrational. it's not like you want them to listen to opera... :)

    ReplyDelete